I created this story to share why I decided to start writing about Product Design Leadership and much more.
Who am I?
My name is Daniel Cardoso, and I am a product design leader.
I am passionate about design, user experience, and product strategy, and I enjoy creating user-centric, delightful, and human experiences using Artificial Intelligence.
Talking a little about myself, I started my career in 2006 doing agency work, responsible for branding, graphic design, and web design. I have been a self-taught designer focusing on user experience and user interfaces. Still, since 2012, I have focused on digital product design for SaaS business applications and enterprise software.
In 2019, I started growing another passion for working processes and building a design team. At the time I am writing this, I am leading the Artificial Intelligence product design team at Talkdesk, making sure that we are successful and happy, working on the most important things to help our customers, shaping the design vision, and gathering allies, and building relationships with product management and engineering teams.
Why am I writing on Medium?
- Share my experience growing and leading a design team I created from scratch, and share my leadership style;
- Explore the intersection of design and business;
- Share how to effectively communicate the value of design to stakeholders and understand how our work impacts the business’s overall success;
- Challenge existing behaviors in the industry and offer alternative approaches that prioritize the project’s success and the team members’ well-being;
- Occasionally I want to go beyond design-related matters;
Last but not least, I am excited to share my thoughts and hope to challenge the Status Quo for Design Leadership, and I expect that my writings can spark conversations and encourage others to share their opinions and experiences.
Thanks for reading! This post was published originally on Medium.